Monday, January 21, 2008

The Demise Of The Great Bobby Fischer

There goes the hope that, the great Robert James (Bobby) Fischer will play again as he had come to his last square of his life, the 64th square and passed away. I expect all his books (eg: My 60 Memorable Games, Bobby Fischer Teaches Chess) as well as all chess books about him (eg: Bobby Fischer Rediscovered, Fischer vs Spassky, Fischer against The Russians, etc) which are circulating around the world will be boomed up, at least for a little while.

Personally I really admired Fischer's games. His games are very objective and straightforward, yet powerful and resourceful. He is my "first chess teacher". among the earliest book I bought were: 101 Outrageous Chess Moves of Bobby Fischer (Authored: Bruce Pandolfini) and of course the classic "My 60 Memorable Games".


No comments: