Saturday, February 28, 2009

Title of book: CARO KANN CLASSICAL 4...Bf5
Author(s): Gary Kasparov, Alexander Shakarov


Who would argue the quality of analysis in abook stamped by the greatest ever chess champion, Gary Kasparov? I do not really know about the co author, Alexander Shakarov. But if someone who plays chess does not even know Kasparov, then his chess world would not be completed.

This is an old book discussing one of the most solid defence system against white's 1.e4. The system begins with 1.e4 c6 2.d4 d5 3.Nc3 dxe4 4.Nxe4 Bf5.

I have 2 copies of this book, one is for my own reference and one is for sale. My price is RM80.00 nett. I think it is a fair price because the high quality provided by Gary Kasparov and his co-author. In addition, this book is currently out of print and all you can hope to get this book is the second hand (check it yourself at Amazon and ebay). The condition of my copy (for sale one) is like a new book (mint condition) despite of its age.

Even though it is published about 20 years ago, I doubt that the Caro Kanners are already well versed with all the nuances available in the books. In my opinion, this book is a must for Caro Kanners Classical.

As usual, I present one of my successful victory against Jusyeri Ramli (he was once a very promising local junior player and he was responsible to introduce and taught me the correct chess some 25 years ago). Here, this talented opponent and also my former teacher of chess is not escaped from the requierement to have a knowledge and to play the correct move even in the seemingkly slow Caro Kann system. For the old timer, they may know the retired policeman, Ramli Bahari. Well Jusyeri (or Doctor Jusyeri) is one of his sons.

[Event "Sabbaruddin Chik Trophy"]
[Date 1998]
[Round "?"]
[White "Rizal A Kamal"]
[Black "Dr.Mohd Jusyeri"]
[Result "1-0"]
[ECO "B19 Caro Kann Classical"]

1. e4 c6 2. d4 d5 3. Nd2 dxe4 4. Nxe4 Bf5 5. Ng3 Bg6 6. Nf3 Nd7 7. h4 h6 8. h5
Bh7 9. Bd3 Bxd3 10. Qxd3 Ngf6 11. Bd2 e6 12. O-O-O Qc7 13. Kb1 O-O-O 14. Qe2
Bd6 15. Ne4 Nxe4 16. Qxe4 e5 17. Bc3 f6 18. Qg4 exd4 19. Nxd4 1-0





No comments: